Red Sea Reefer 350 G2+ vs Waterbox Marine X 110

leeloo82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I'm new to saltwater aquariums - previously only had a 55 gallon freshwater. I know I could hodge-podge all plumbing, but that idea alone is giving me heartburn. I'm looking at the Red Sea Reefer 350 G2+ or the Waterbox Marine X 110. Would like a 72-75 gallon range. They are pretty expensive. Worth it? Your choice between the two? Or do you have something else comparable to these? I like that it comes with all the plumbing.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I'm new to saltwater aquariums - previously only had a 55 gallon freshwater. I know I could hodge-podge all plumbing, but that idea alone is giving me heartburn. I'm looking at the Red Sea Reefer 350 G2+ or the Waterbox Marine X 110. Would like a 72-75 gallon range. They are pretty expensive. Worth it? Your choice between the two? Or do you have something else comparable to these? I like that it comes with all the plumbing.
I have a red sea. I love the tank, its beautiful. However theres so many seam failures being reported from the hanging front glass panel design that Im terrified of mine letting go and it stresses me out, constantly checking it twice a day. I would go with waterbox or another brand. Ive got an innovative marine nano tank, maybe look at their bigger all in ones? The glass is beautiful in the tank!

rhpmiller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One of the things i'm curious about with the Red Sea seam breaks is if that's been remedied with their new G2+ tanks that have "armored edges" around the silicon. Meaning, were these leaks and seam breaks mostly reported with G1 and G2, versus G2+?

I have a Red Sea Max Nano running for over 2 years, and it's been fantastic.

Innovative Marine is also great, but their sump in the stands seems to use up the entirety of the stand, so you may be limited in your space to add under the stand.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back