Red Sea 350 G2

Slick Willy 46

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I currently have a red sea nano max 20 gallon. I am going to purchase a red sea 350 g2. Not sure if it matters but it will be a mixed reef tank and fish. My question is about the equipment I should purchase.

1. Return Pump
2. Skimmer
3. Heaters
4. ATO
5. Lights
6. Wave Makers

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what information could you possibly need? Do some simple searches.

musel101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like ice cap for skimmers
ATO get something with an optical eye. Heater something with a guard for nems. Lights I like Kessil

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a red sea nano max 20 gallon. I am going to purchase a red sea 350 g2. Not sure if it matters but it will be a mixed reef tank and fish. My question is about the equipment I should purchase.

1. Return Pump
2. Skimmer
3. Heaters
4. ATO
5. Lights
6. Wave Makers

Thanks
Hey,

I have a Red Sea 359 G2.

Here is what I got -
Red Sea 45 wave maker. It works amazing
Sicce return pump.
2 heater on a INKBIRD
2 Red Sea 90 lights
Red Sea ato
Red Sea doser
Red Sea skimmer but I don’t recommend. Try a reef octopus skimmer.

Let me know if you have any questions about equipment or the Red Sea tank.

Good luck

OP
OP
S

Slick Willy 46

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
what information could you possibly need? Do some simple searches.
I've done research. I just thought it would be helpful to hear what equipment others use and have success with. What else is this forum for than to ask questions and help others?? You must be a joy to be around.

Z Burn's Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there! I currently have the same tank as well.

1. Return Pump - I went with a Neptune Cor-15, which I have been very happy with.
2. Skimmer - I went with a Reef Octopus 110sss, great skimmer, very stable and never overflows, but it is a little undersized though, I'd go with the 150 if I were to do it again.
3. Heaters - I run a couple titanium 200 watters (one as backup) from BRS, on an inkbird controller, but plugged into the apex as a fail safe.
4. ATO - I went with the tunze osmolator 3155 and then I purchased an additional 15 gallon reservoir (innovative marine)...I can go about 12-13 days before needing to refill.
5. Lights - I'm kind of old school, running metal halides.
6. Wave Makers - I started with 2 ecotech MP40s, but as corals have grown in and there are a few dead spots I added a couple MP10s, but I don't recommend as the glass is too thick for them to hold well. Probably would have gotten a couple directional tunze pumps instead to fill in dead spots with the MP40s. Some of the gyre pumps would also be great, I just don't like having the clean them so much to keep them going.

Good luck with your build!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1. Return Pump
2. Skimmer
3. Heaters
4. ATO
5. Lights
6. Wave Makers
1. Jebao DCP
2. Reef Octopus
3. Eheim Jager
4. Tunze 3155
5. ReefBreeders Photon
6. Jebao SLW

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1. Return Pump
2. Skimmer
3. Heaters
4. ATO
5. Lights
6. Wave Makers

Thanks
I have the XL300. I went with all ecotech components so they are on one app for ease of use. Vectra M2, MP40s, and XR15 lights. I have an IM helio heater system, eshopps s200 oversize skimmer and red sea reef doser. All equipment has been perfect past 3 years.

OP
OP
S

Slick Willy 46

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi there! I currently have the same tank as well.

1. Return Pump - I went with a Neptune Cor-15, which I have been very happy with.
2. Skimmer - I went with a Reef Octopus 110sss, great skimmer, very stable and never overflows, but it is a little undersized though, I'd go with the 150 if I were to do it again.
3. Heaters - I run a couple titanium 200 watters (one as backup) from BRS, on an inkbird controller, but plugged into the apex as a fail safe.
4. ATO - I went with the tunze osmolator 3155 and then I purchased an additional 15 gallon reservoir (innovative marine)...I can go about 12-13 days before needing to refill.
5. Lights - I'm kind of old school, running metal halides.
6. Wave Makers - I started with 2 ecotech MP40s, but as corals have grown in and there are a few dead spots I added a couple MP10s, but I don't recommend as the glass is too thick for them to hold well. Probably would have gotten a couple directional tunze pumps instead to fill in dead spots with the MP40s. Some of the gyre pumps would also be great, I just don't like having the clean them so much to keep them going.

Good luck with your build!
Thank you so much!! This is exactly the information I was looking for. Items 1-3 are exactly what I was looking at.

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

I have a Red Sea 359 G2.

Here is what I got -
Red Sea 45 wave maker. It works amazing
Sicce return pump.
2 heater on a INKBIRD
2 Red Sea 90 lights
Red Sea ato
Red Sea doser
Red Sea skimmer but I don’t recommend. Try a reef octopus skimmer.

Let me know if you have any questions about equipment or the Red Sea tank.

Good luck
is that the DC motor version of the Red Sea skimmer with auto skimming controls? And what was the problem with it? I’m thinking of getting the RSK 600 DC

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 91 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.0%
Back