Red Sea Reefer 350 (original), two tangs?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, sorry you guys, I wasn't getting notifs from this post, I'm sorry!

@leechlightning Nice video! I love it when you get a quirky fish, lol. I'm jealous of your upgrade! I could maybe move some stuff around to make space for a larger tank, but only a little larger, and I certainly don't have the money to upgrade. I'm disabled and live with my parents too, so I always have to consider the other people in the house who don't want to live in an aquarium for some reason.

Thank you for taking the time to comment

@littlefoxx Those little tangs are my favourite (as well as the purple tang, but I know that wouldn't fit) - I love the look of the kole and the white tail :) Oooh, which did you have and how long? I've heard that the chances of a dwarf angel nipping coral just increases as it gets older. I really like the look of them, they're really cute, but I can't afford to spend money on corals only for them just to become fish food (literally, lol)

I will take your advice re: the cardinals, I've been stressing it a little. I love them though, definitely going to get at least one. I was going to get a clam eventually, but I'm reconsidering it, I'm really worried about them getting eaten by the blennies, same as with dwarf angels and corals. Ugh, why does everything in the sea have to eat everything else in the sea? Stop eating each other, just get fast food!

I've been doing more research into the goby and blenny I wanted, and I've whittled the list right down, but midas is on the list. I really like them, though my favourite is the tailspot. Ugh, IDK. I've definitely got a lid, yeah, I don't want to lose a fish to jumping.

Thank you for your advice and for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it :)

@Alpha_and_Gec Thank you, I thought it was. If the plans work out, I should have a tank available if the clowns go beserk. I've done so much research into the wrasse to make sure I didn't get some that would wreck the tank and/or each other, the wrasse guy was REALLY helpful. I've whittled the list down to a choice from the mccosker's wrasse, yellow fin flasher, blue stripe hi-fin (all flasher wrasse) and the labbout's fairy wrasse. According to what I've read, they should get along without hurting each other or anyone else. It was a lot of fun, actually. I'm a nerd, lol.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :)

@brandon429 I have, and I havent seen anything about them? Do you feel that way about all RSR tanks, or just the 350? I don't really have the capacity to sell this one on and then buy a new one, so it's moot, but if there's a specific problem with these tanks, I'd like to be aware, even if there's no way to mitigate the issue? Thank you for letting me know!

@Genvid it looks huge in the vid! I love your torches and those huge red shrooms! beautiful. Do you have like 6 clowns in there? How long have you had the copperband? I really like them, but I'm not brave enough to even think about getting one. Do you have any issues with the dwarf angels and your corals? That bicolor (?) is beautiful!

Thank you for posting a vid!
Ive had coral beauties, golden dwarf, and a yellowfin dwarf angel! I also have a regal angel in my big tank who are notorious for nipping corals. I give her a clam on the half shell every other day and she goes after that and not my corals

Genvid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, sorry you guys, I wasn't getting notifs from this post, I'm sorry!

@leechlightning Nice video! I love it when you get a quirky fish, lol. I'm jealous of your upgrade! I could maybe move some stuff around to make space for a larger tank, but only a little larger, and I certainly don't have the money to upgrade. I'm disabled and live with my parents too, so I always have to consider the other people in the house who don't want to live in an aquarium for some reason.

Thank you for taking the time to comment

@littlefoxx Those little tangs are my favourite (as well as the purple tang, but I know that wouldn't fit) - I love the look of the kole and the white tail :) Oooh, which did you have and how long? I've heard that the chances of a dwarf angel nipping coral just increases as it gets older. I really like the look of them, they're really cute, but I can't afford to spend money on corals only for them just to become fish food (literally, lol)

I will take your advice re: the cardinals, I've been stressing it a little. I love them though, definitely going to get at least one. I was going to get a clam eventually, but I'm reconsidering it, I'm really worried about them getting eaten by the blennies, same as with dwarf angels and corals. Ugh, why does everything in the sea have to eat everything else in the sea? Stop eating each other, just get fast food!

I've been doing more research into the goby and blenny I wanted, and I've whittled the list right down, but midas is on the list. I really like them, though my favourite is the tailspot. Ugh, IDK. I've definitely got a lid, yeah, I don't want to lose a fish to jumping.

Thank you for your advice and for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it :)

@Alpha_and_Gec Thank you, I thought it was. If the plans work out, I should have a tank available if the clowns go beserk. I've done so much research into the wrasse to make sure I didn't get some that would wreck the tank and/or each other, the wrasse guy was REALLY helpful. I've whittled the list down to a choice from the mccosker's wrasse, yellow fin flasher, blue stripe hi-fin (all flasher wrasse) and the labbout's fairy wrasse. According to what I've read, they should get along without hurting each other or anyone else. It was a lot of fun, actually. I'm a nerd, lol.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :)

@brandon429 I have, and I havent seen anything about them? Do you feel that way about all RSR tanks, or just the 350? I don't really have the capacity to sell this one on and then buy a new one, so it's moot, but if there's a specific problem with these tanks, I'd like to be aware, even if there's no way to mitigate the issue? Thank you for letting me know!

@Genvid it looks huge in the vid! I love your torches and those huge red shrooms! beautiful. Do you have like 6 clowns in there? How long have you had the copperband? I really like them, but I'm not brave enough to even think about getting one. Do you have any issues with the dwarf angels and your corals? That bicolor (?) is beautiful!

Thank you for posting a vid!
Yes, I have six clowns, my friend crashed the tank, all the fish went to me, that was two years ago. I just finished cycling with a new tank and there were no fish yet. If I was choosing fish I wouldn't choose pygmy angels, I tried several times scoly and failed every time, I think because of the angels. I bought Copperband from Dr Fish, I was lucky, he immediately ate mysis, now he eats everything except dry food and granules.

Genvid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I have six clowns, my friend crashed the tank, all the fish went to me, that was two years ago. I just finished cycling with a new tank and there were no fish yet. If I was choosing fish I wouldn't choose pygmy angels, I tried several times scoly and failed every time, I think because of the angels. I bought Copperband from Dr Fish, I was lucky, he immediately ate mysis, now he eats everything except dry food and granules.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back