Red Sea Reefer 350

ghostmantank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After months with a 24 nano build I have now pushed and upgraded to the red sea reefer 350

Current Setup:
60 lbs of live rock
1 inch sand bed
Red Sea skimmer 600
BRS carbon/GFO reactor (only running carbon)
Replaced filter socks to media baskets with chem blue and filter floss (will be getting the redsea matt as soon as it drops)
Neptune ATK
Apex Controller
2 ReefLED 90s
Reef wave 25 gyro pump (left side)
2 power heads (right side)
simplicity 1600 DC return pump
Neptune GRO

Upgrades to come soon:
Trident system
1 DOS pump (auto water changes)
1 DOS pump (2 part dosing)
Red Sea ReefMat 500

Current Stock List:
1 one spot foxface rabbit fish
2 Tomato Clown fish
1 Leopard wrasse
1 Carpenters Flasher Wrasse
1 Melanurus Wrasse
1 SMALL powder blue tang
1 Watchman goby
1 Pistol Shrimp
1 Bubble tip anemone
1 Sand Sifting Sea Star

Fish to be added:
brisletooth tang not sure which ones yet but will add a couple
yellow tang (will get small and move to 180 down the road so chill tang police hahaha)

**Coral will be added in a couple months I am going to wait till I have good Coralline algae before adding coral this time**

This is my second tank I think I have everything pretty well covered on this one I learned alot of lessons the hard way on my first tank so I think I am better prepared for this one. I would love feed back and to see what people think about this setup.

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

MrRedAmber

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to say that refugium light looked familiar ;). I'm curious as to where you bought your RSR and how much it cost you, as I would like to do a similar upgrade path.

Nice work! Looking forward to your future updates.

OP
OP
ghostmantank

ghostmantank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to say that refugium light looked familiar ;). I'm curious as to where you bought your RSR and how much it cost you, as I would like to do a similar upgrade path.

Nice work! Looking forward to your future updates.
It was on black friday I went into my LFS and they had it there with pretty much everything that is on there now besides the reactor. The guy that sold it back to the LFS bought it new back in July and then sold it back because he just didn't want to be in the hobby any more so I got the whole setup for $1400 which blew my mind. It was super clean I don't even think he did much other than maybe cycle it then change his mind. I still have the aquatop up and running it is right next to the 350 the aquatop was hell to get going but now it is running perfect and doesn't need anything other than a water change here and there.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back