Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL

  • Thread starter Thread starter clowns101
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Joined
Dec 26, 2009
Messages
4,668
Reaction score
48
Location
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

I have the opportunity to purchase a Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL 160g system. The system was new as of 6-7 months ago.

I have been researching the systems and I am aware that Red Sea has had issues with the seams of their tanks in the past.

Is this an issue that has been resolved with their tanks within the recent months or so? I’m ready to pull the trigger on this system but do fear a bit after reading into what I have. I have not however seen anyone share anything on Red Sea’s recent built systems.

Any information is much appreciated!
 
I also don't like rimless design on large tanks. Too much bowing when filled and I would have to modify the unsupported glass design on the front by adding a piece of steel and that could get expensive.
 
Take a hard pass and invest in a different brand tank that is 1) not rimless; and most importantly 2) not prone to catastrophic failure.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new