Red Sea Reefer ATO Dimensions Question

kokoaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y'all, new reefer here. I decided to go big and start with a Red Sea Reefer 200 G2. I just finished putting together the stand and I noticed that the ATO reservoir does not completely slide into the rails on the sump because it is blocked by plumbing. I am pretty sure I followed the manual exactly as shown (page 9).

I'm not too comfortable with having a glass tank full of water hang a couple inches over a ledge (see pictures below). Is there a problem with my plumbing or did I get a reservoir of the incorrect dimensions?

IMG_6815.png

IMG_6816.png

jrodsd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Kokoaster,

Found your thread and created an account to respond to this. I just got the same exact tank as you and ran into the exact same issue. The user above is incorrect, you did not install it wrong.

I reached out to a different forum and people confirmed that was the case. I also reached out to Red Sea support. Here was Red Sea's response:
With the pipes being behind the ato reservoir, you are not going to be able to push it all the way to the back and it is not required for the reservoir to be flush with the with the sock. You just want to have it pushed back as far as it will go to make sure it is supported.

I personally found the instructions to be awful and confusing while setting up this tank. Red Sea really needs to update them.

I'm curious- what is your water level in the back portion of the sump? I'm currently trying to dial in my water level. I just filled the tank up yesterday for first time with water.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back