Red Sea Reefer auto top off float valve

  • Thread starter Thread starter nzkiwi80
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nzkiwi80

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2021
Messages
157
Reaction score
19
Location
New Zealand
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Red Sea Reefer fresh water auto top off float value consistently gets jammed and the sump runs low even though there’s water in the reservoir.

I’ve cleaned it numerous times. No blockage are ever visible, there’s a little stopper in there which I think gets stuck for some reason.

Unless there’s a magical solution to this I’m looking for alternatives.

Has anyone experienced this, see a work around? Know of an alternative option?

Don’t want anything electronic
 
Apart from the breakage, here’s the system and issue. Cleaning it is only a temporary fix, mine is clean and it can stop after a week or two

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new