Red Sea Reefer Deluxe?

Brian Baker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been shopping lately fort new aquarium. I live in New Jersey now and I keep getting different prices on the Red Sea Reefer Deluxe. I just want to make sure that I am not getting screwed. I do t mind a business making money but I will not be made a fool of by having someone make their mortgage on me.

I am looking at the 625 and I keep getting a price of $3795 up to $5295.

Now obviously $5295 is out of the question but with the big difference in price I am just thinking that I don’t want to get screwed.

blackizzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as a heads up, the Red Sea Reefer deluxe set was recently discontinued by Red Sea :)

That said, if there are some still for sale, I'm betting $3795 is a pretty normal price. The non deluxe costs $3000-ish at BRS.

OP
OP
Brian Baker

Brian Baker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well does anyone here think that the Hydra 26’s are crap. That’s what the deluxe comes with. And I have 3 stores that were at the bottom end of the price range that have Deluxe a in stock.

SDK

Reef Diver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The $5,295 price is just a few hundred lower than the BRS price for a 650 Max with Hydra LED lighting

The $3,795 is a few hundred higher than BRS for a standard 650.

Something is going on, and I suspect those two quotes are for two different systems. I would also take a hard look at the online deals based on this before I purchased it locally...

OP
OP
Brian Baker

Brian Baker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The $5,295 price is just a few hundred lower than the BRS price for a 650 Max with Hydra LED lighting

The $3,795 is a few hundred higher than BRS for a standard 650.

Something is going on, and I suspect those two quotes are for two different systems. I would also take a hard look at the online deals based on this before I purchased it locally...

Well I made sure that the guy new that I wanted the deluxe cause he gave me a price on the regular 625 and it was about $900 cheaper, cause of the lights I am assuming.

I think the general consensus here is that $3800 for the deluxe is pretty good.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back