Red sea reefer plumbing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nano207
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nano207

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 11, 2019
Messages
13
Reaction score
5
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a red sea reefer 170. I got it used and it was missing the plumbing and sump. I made a new DIY sump and got a plumbing set from red sea. The plumbing has 2 overflows, the main and the "back up". The main overflow tube has a slip over "silencer". When I put the silencer on it makes the main drain taller than the back up. Is this how it is supposed to sit? It looks like it would almost sit above where the waterline would be. I posted a couple photos in the front on view you can see about a 1/4 inch of the top of the silencer thru the overflow screen.

16038466412417430217199532612822.jpg 16038468066815326771566888234786.jpg
 
Yes. Water enters from the bottom of the silencer. Silencer isn't tight to the bottom the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new