Red Sea Reefer Scratch / nick in black background

AMDman13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed my new 525 G2 too close to the wall. Went to slide my Kessil mounting arm on the back rim and it was a tight fit. Too tight, the metal mounting bracket tore a couple of nicks into the back black liner. This wouldn't be a huge deal if I was going to keep the mounting arm in place (obviously it would hide the nick), however I am planning a floating canopy build and this nick will visible enough to drive me crazy. I tried to cover the nick with a small piece of black electrical tape, but for some reason it doesn't really help. You can still see it. Not sure why. My next thought it to apply a small amount of black paint. Anyone else run into a situation like this with a possible solution?

OP
OP
A

AMDman13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am hoping so, I just don't know why covering it with black electrical tape didn't fix it. Its still almost just as obvious. Maybe it also, caused a underlying scratch in the glass? If so, paint should disguise. ?

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am hoping so, I just don't know why covering it with black electrical tape didn't fix it. Its still almost just as obvious. Maybe it also, caused a underlying scratch in the glass? If so, paint should disguise. ?
My guess is that there is still some air trapped under the tape and that makes it stand out.
It takes a lot to cause a really deep scratch so I wouldn’t think that it would be a problem. However, paint should fix it regardless.

Pictures of the issue always helps :)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 51.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 76 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 24.8%
  • None.

Votes: 33 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.0%
Back