Red Sea Reefer XL 200

eben

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning on upgrading to a red sea reefer XL 200. Can anyone post some pictures of the Sump Layout, plumbing and Cabinet please? Would be nice to get a view of a actual systems. Thanks in advance.

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here ya go!
BACE44EA-5258-41A1-8433-9E319846F2A6.jpeg
720D0069-91E4-458B-A427-75D04CAB3038.jpeg
32BBEC2D-AECB-4A19-9C7D-544D16869795.jpeg

OP
OP
E

eben

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Did you modify the sump. Or is that the original location for the ATO.

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s the sump right out of the box. I’ve been thinking about modifying or replacing it though... I’d like to have a refugium, but one the rules for this tank is no equipment outside of the cabinet.

If I converting the ATO to a sump or replaced the sump would need some kind of top of reservoir outside of the cabinet. I may be single if that happens. Tough choices... haha

I may update the plumbing one day too. I don’t trust the soft tubing return line long term. I’d rather have the return pump hard plumbed.

To the left of the sump there’s a controller board that slides in perfectly. It’s pretty cramped, but it cleans up the cords and keeps them protected in case of splashes. I have all the drivers and cords zip tied to the back of it with the exception to the stuff that needs maintenance. So the protein skimmer and return pump aren’t zip tied down because that would be a pain to deal with and make me less inclined to do that maintenance. I know myself well enough to know if it’ll a hassle it’ll probably not get done much!

Equipment in the cabinet:
- Nyos 120 skimmer
- Vectra S2 return pump
- Marine depot controller board and shelf
- Finnex heater, 300w
- Out of the box sump, filter sock, ATO and plumbing
- Some mini media reactor for carbon from my last tank. I think it may be the innovative marine desktop reactor but not 100% sure. It’s small but it gets the job done

OP
OP
E

eben

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have utilized the space well. I like the idea of the controller board on the left side. Was think initially of having something on top, but the controller board on the side is definately a better idea! Thanks for the detail. All the best :cool:

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@monti mike how do you like the new XL 200?
how do you like the stand? why did you decide on the 200 vs 250?
Hey @Devaji I'm loving the 200xl. It checks all the boxes that I was looking for in a tank. If I had the space I would have gone with the 250 but I’m in a one bedroom so I really don’t have the room.

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that red seas controller board? Is that part of the stand where the flake food is the small shelf? It all looks very nice down there im looking to get in the same boat! I like the way you did that!
Thanks! That is the marine depot controller board and shelf. It looks like BRS acquired marine depot and BRS has the same thing called the basic controller board. If you go with the same setup it *barely* fits. So if you need to do maintenance it’ll be a bit of a pain to get in/out. At least that’s been my experience.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! That is the marine depot controller board and shelf. It looks like BRS acquired marine depot and BRS has the same thing called the basic controller board. If you go with the same setup it *barely* fits. So if you need to do maintenance it’ll be a bit of a pain to get in/out. At least that’s been my experience.

Thank you for the information!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 30 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.5%
Back