Red Sea Reefmat 1200 app.. settings?

jmatt

Just gettin' started. Again.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotta admit, the Red Sea app is, uh, vague. The app says the the Aquarium is "online", but the light on the device is blinking which indicates that the unit is in AP mode -- waiting to connect to Wifi. So which is it?

Moreover, what kind of wifi control app doesn't let you see what wifi connections are available? Or which one it is even connected to? At one point it told me that my phone and my Reefmat were on separate wifi networks. Gee, can I see what they are?

So I watch this video, delete the Aquarium from the app and try to start all over. The app doesn't ask me any of the questions you see in the vid, and the few icons that are available like Aquariums, Settings and Device Manager don't let you see any of those parameters either. It doesn't even ask me what wifi network I want to connect to.

This app sucks. It was written by someone that has set up a thousand of these units, and he thinks you can just fill in the blanks like he does without all of those niggling details like data and settings.

Frustrating.

What's left? Factory reset the unit and delete the app from my phone and start from scratch? That's one slick piece of code. :expressionless-face:

MACHO

R-E-E-F-I-N-G What does that spell!! Money Pit!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotta admit, the Red Sea app is, uh, vague. The app says the the Aquarium is "online", but the light on the device is blinking which indicates that the unit is in AP mode -- waiting to connect to Wifi. So which is it?

Moreover, what kind of wifi control app doesn't let you see what wifi connections are available? Or which one it is even connected to? At one point it told me that my phone and my Reefmat were on separate wifi networks. Gee, can I see what they are?

So I watch this video, delete the Aquarium from the app and try to start all over. The app doesn't ask me any of the questions you see in the vid, and the few icons that are available like Aquariums, Settings and Device Manager don't let you see any of those parameters either. It doesn't even ask me what wifi network I want to connect to.

This app sucks. It was written by someone that has set up a thousand of these units, and he thinks you can just fill in the blanks like he does without all of those niggling details like data and settings.

Frustrating.

What's left? Factory reset the unit and delete the app from my phone and start from scratch? That's one slick piece of code. :expressionless-face:
whenever i set mine up all i had to do was go to devices hit the plus and follow the prompts they give you not sure what your seeing but if your not seeing anything to add i would reset the unit and try again from scratch.

OP
OP
jmatt

jmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whenever i set mine up all i had to do was go to devices hit the plus and follow the prompts they give you not sure what your seeing but if your not seeing anything to add i would reset the unit and try again from scratch.
I had no choice but to nuke the entire thing and start from scratch. It appears to be working now. Says it's planning on using 18 inches today... seems like a lot for a single day. I've yet to see it move, let's see what happens.

MACHO

R-E-E-F-I-N-G What does that spell!! Money Pit!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had no choice but to nuke the entire thing and start from scratch. It appears to be working now. Says it's planning on using 18 inches today... seems like a lot for a single day. I've yet to see it move, let's see what happens.
normally it uses a crap ton the first week or so then starts to settle where it normally will be. my daily average is 26 inches.

OP
OP
jmatt

jmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The unit is up and running now and skimmed out a ton of stuff but I guess I have to figure out the app. It doesn't seem to be advancing much on its own. I just need to work out the kinks.

metalle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, agree expensive junk… customer service gets worse the more they sell

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back