Red Sea Refractometer

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2015
Messages
5,851
Reaction score
9,613
Location
Gulf Breeze, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any experience with these? I've been thinking of getting one, but I've read some reviews where the instrument will not hold zero.
 
Anyone have any experience with these? I've been thinking of getting one, but I've read some reviews where the instrument will not hold zero.
I have one. The calibration is sensitive to temperature changes. So I just store it in my stand where the temperature stays pretty constant. I check the calibration every time I use it, but rarely need to adjust it.
One odd thing is it gives an S.G. scale on the left and ppt on the right. The 0 line for each of them is different. I contacted RedSea and they said that was correct and to calibrate/0 it to the ppt scale and it would measure near seawater correctly.
 
I have one. The calibration is sensitive to temperature changes. So I just store it in my stand where the temperature stays pretty constant. I check the calibration every time I use it, but rarely need to adjust it.
One odd thing is it gives an S.G. scale on the left and ppt on the right. The 0 line for each of them is different. I contacted RedSea and they said that was correct and to calibrate/0 it to the ppt scale and it would measure near seawater correctly.
Hmmm....gives me heartburn! haha. I'm thinking about springing for the Milwaukee, but my Amazon order is already ridiculous! LOL
 
Too funny... I think it's pretty much like any refractometer. Milwaukee and the like is a whole different league... Definitely hear you about the expense.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new