Red Sea US vs NZ

bekate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Due to a mess-up when we bought our tank, we received a second top half of the aquarium. So in addition to the complete Reefer Nano setup we have, we have another top half (the glass and the plastic compartment at the back). However, it is missing the plumbing, a sump, and a stand.

We will sell our whole tank here before moving to NZ but were thinking we should maybe take the replacement part. Any ideas if the pipes from Red Sea are the same across the globe? Or are they in inch measurements here and then slightly different in cm measurements there like so many other things?

If we can get the plumbing there, we can build a sump and create a small tank there rather cost-effectively. We would add a second bigger tank in addition, but it would be a nice small tank setup.

Or do you think this is a stupid idea and we should sell the second top half here as well?

Any input is highly appreciated!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest selling here.

Beside your concerns, breakage, more shipping cost for the move. One you get to NZ you might find something better also with less expense in the long run:)

OP
OP
bekate

bekate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest selling here.

Beside your concerns, breakage, more shipping cost for the move. One you get to NZ you might find something better also with less expense in the long run:)
Breakage and shipping cost are no issue as we have a container with insurance. So if it breaks, we get a new one. So the main thing is if it is worth it for just the glass and the bit of plastic and if pipes will be available.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Breakage and shipping cost are no issue as we have a container with insurance. So if it breaks, we get a new one. So the main thing is if it is worth it for just the glass and the bit of plastic and if pipes will be available.

Here is the equivalent of Home Depot NZ link. From the looks of Mitre 10 you can find what you need.

MikeA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@bekate, you'll find the selection of reef products, livestock and services a lot less "available" that you are accustomed to. In saying that, we get by even if it means longer shipping times for harder to source items. I'll message you a link to a NZ Facebook group where you could ask the same question.

Where in NZ are you moving to?

OP
OP
bekate

bekate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@bekate, you'll find the selection of reef products, livestock and services a lot less "available" that you are accustomed to. In saying that, we get by even if it means longer shipping times for harder to source items. I'll message you a link to a NZ Facebook group where you could ask the same question.

Where in NZ are you moving to?
Thank you! I appreciate that!
We'll be moving to the Auckland area. But if I can avoid it not to Auckland itself ;)

Oh, I know I am very spoiled here in LA by everything being available NOW. I actually look forward to not having Amazon as an option etc. I will sometimes hate it but less consumerism is a good thing in my view :)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back