Red Sea warranty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suppose that's fair, especially if there was some type of failure. Hopefully they compensated you (somehow) for your troubles....................................................?

There's gotta be some other Red Sea fanboys out there - why am I the only one chiming in here? LOL.

OP
OP
RJKain-777

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suppose that's fair, especially if there was some type of failure. Hopefully they compensated you (somehow) for your troubles....................................................?

There's gotta be some other Red Sea fanboys out there - why am I the only one chiming in here? LOL.

No compensation at all haha. Just a horrible customer service experience with the distributor. I told them since I had to come pick it up and load it my self, they can come pick it up and load it them selves.

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And this is why I would never buy a red sea
What's this? Don't you have to specify what "this" IS before using it in a sentence? Which reason in particular? All of them above? Your opinion and reasoning is missing any valid points so it's hard for myself or anyone to really appreciate what you're trying to say here.

Lucky for this person, Red Sea replaced his tank at either no charge or a nominal fee. The only stipulation was that he needed to facilitate a way to deliver the tank because he doesn't live in the USA where the tank is shipped from. Seems fair to me. But, I'm a fair and reasonable guy.

I'm sure you have your reasons. We just don't know what they are yet.

shadow1013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should tell Red Sea and tell them how unhappy you are about the whole process and that it has left a bad taste in your mouth about even getting another Red Sea tank again if there maybe a chance that you'd have to deal with people like that again. They may go talk to them about the whole situation.

OP
OP
RJKain-777

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's this? Don't you have to specify what "this" IS before using it in a sentence? Which reason in particular? All of them above? Your opinion and reasoning is missing any valid points so it's hard for myself or anyone to really appreciate what you're trying to say here.

Lucky for this person, Red Sea replaced his tank at either no charge or a nominal fee. The only stipulation was that he needed to facilitate a way to deliver the tank because he doesn't live in the USA where the tank is shipped from. Seems fair to me. But, I'm a fair and reasonable guy.

There was no charge, I had 0 issues dealing with Red Sea them selves. It was dealing with the distributor, making things a challenge as opposed to what Red Sea And I discussed.
The fact that, While we agreed (Red Sea, the LFS, Distrubutor, and I) agreed for me to pick up at the distributor, then the distributor refused to let me pick it up.
Or maybe after the fact that they finally agreed to there word, they stood there (6 warehouse employees, and the manager) and watched me struggle to LPS a Red Sea 425xl , in a crate, into the back of my mini van by my self?
Or how they want me to deliver them my old tank (again by my self) to them for “investigation” when Red Sea never heard about that , until I went and asked Red Sea directly.

There’s a lot of reasons to be unhappy with the distributor, no reasons to be unhappy with red sea.

OP
OP
RJKain-777

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should tell Red Sea and tell them how unhappy you are about the whole process and that it has left a bad taste in your mouth about even getting another Red Sea tank again if there maybe a chance that you'd have to deal with people like that again. They may go talk to them about the whole situation.
Here’s my email I sent tonight:

1E94D98B-91BF-481B-81E2-2EA5F350528D.png 74779B0F-44BC-4E0D-A1DD-D005418B9A20.png

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Are you a Facebook moderator for Red Sea?

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you a Facebook moderator for Red Sea?
Definitely not. I'm not on that trash called Facebook. I quit that garbage about 2 years after it came out.

Why? Are you a Facebook moderator for their group? I am simply a satisfied Red Sea customer. Thank you for your interest!!

OP
OP
RJKain-777

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after my long winded email, explaining how unhappy I am. I got the simplest answer ever. To return the tank and and wait to see what the distributor says.
Nothing regarding how unhappy I am. Then they denied saying I can pick it up at the distributor, so I screen shorted there email, and forwarded it back to redsea.

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that truly is unfortunate. I regret to hear that. My experience with Red Sea was nothing short of excellent, but I can appreciate how not everyone's experience will be the same nor will their opinion of the brand.

Gotta run for now. There's a group that I need to be moderating...........................................:rolleyes:

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after my long winded email, explaining how unhappy I am. I got the simplest answer ever. To return the tank and and wait to see what the distributor says.
Nothing regarding how unhappy I am. Then they denied saying I can pick it up at the distributor, so I screen shorted there email, and forwarded it back to redsea.
Oh my. You have the new tank, right? I would honestly stop responding to them. Maybe just “the old tank is at my house, you are more than welcome to come pick it up...have a nice day”

OP
OP
RJKain-777

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my. You have the new tank, right? I would honestly stop responding to them. Maybe just “the old tank is at my house, you are more than welcome to come pick it up...have a nice day”

yep, problem solved , after a heated phone call, it’s over.

Back