Red sea xxl 750

Chad Jones

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been thinking about getting the red sea xxl 750 lately. Anyone have any thoughts on the tank? Any other tank manufacturers I should be considering? And should I stick with the hydra lights or go with some other brand? Any thoughts would be appreciated

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it in October and love the tank so far! Had the 350 before and was great too, but too small :D

The only thing you’ll have to change is the ATO reservoir which is too small and the gravity fed ATO. Otherwise it’s plug and play. And allows you to do whatever you want. Looks great too!

Re.lights, depends what kind of coral you want to keep. If sps I would go with the 52s.

OP
OP
C

Chad Jones

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really excited about it but I just want to make sure I'm getting all the info I can before I pull the trigger

Don Lidtke

Some Old Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had been looking at the XXL 750 until I want to MACNA and saw the Neptune tank which was built by Crystal Dynamic. I had the opportunity to talk with the folks from CD and look at a couple of the display tanks they had.

I prefer the Euro-brace style tanks and they build additional bracing on the inside of the tank as well.

I just got my custom tank a couple weeks ago and it’s stunning.

I also went with Geosreef for my sump. That thing is a piece of artwork.

The stand is steel with an epoxy coating.

It’s more expensive but it’s worth it to me.

OP
OP
C

Chad Jones

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had been looking at the XXL 750 until I want to MACNA and saw the Neptune tank which was built by Crystal Dynamic. I had the opportunity to talk with the folks from CD and look at a couple of the display tanks they had.

I prefer the Euro-brace style tanks and they build additional bracing on the inside of the tank as well.

I just got my custom tank a couple weeks ago and it’s stunning.

I also went with Geosreef for my sump. That thing is a piece of artwork.

The stand is steel with an epoxy coating.

It’s more expensive but it’s worth it to me.
If you dont mind me asking, how much did that system cost you? If you dont feel comfortable saying that's fine too.

Don Lidtke

Some Old Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't mind me asking, how much did that system cost you? If you don't feel comfortable saying that's fine too.

Perhaps the best thing to do is to is to decide on the size tank and stand you would like and get a quote directly from Crystal Dynamics. There are a lot of options that you can choose from that will impact the cost.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my XXL 750. I did not get it with the lights. I went with the AL T5 hybrid, and added Radions. Couldn't be happier with my setup.

Mandym772

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too am interested in the 750. To everyone who has this set up is there any info on sump and refuge? Any tips?

wiselyy73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the deep and length but too tall though. Maybe I am a short guy but when I reach my arm in it hard to arrange my lower frags and chalice sit in the bottom. And lighting got washed out at that deep too.

Back