Red Tube on my Polyp

Mitej04

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 29, 2022
Messages
19
Reaction score
18
Location
Lubbock
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys! Me again the new Coral tank keeper. I notice these red tube like things on my colony. Can someone tell me what is it.
0363BD92-6C4B-434F-887D-F38E62D9A2F6.jpeg
image.jpg
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!

It looks like possibly cyano to me. A good way to tell would be to try to blast it off with a turkey blaster or similar. If it is it will blow away easily in a stringy mat
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!
 
Hello, welcome to R2R! :)

I agree the you have some cyano growing in your system. increase you flow and check you nutrients.
 
Hey Guys! Me again the new Coral tank keeper. I notice these red tube like things on my colony. Can someone tell me what is it.
0363BD92-6C4B-434F-887D-F38E62D9A2F6.jpeg
image.jpg
blow gently with a turkey baster as it is either cyano with air pocket or macroalgae. Turket baster will dissole the cyano while macroalgae will remain
 
Hey Guys! Me again the new Coral tank keeper. I notice these red tube like things on my colony. Can someone tell me what is it.
0363BD92-6C4B-434F-887D-F38E62D9A2F6.jpeg
image.jpg

Welcome! Glad you joined. You already have some great suggestions on here. I'd always defer to Vetteguy so look at post #12 closely at his answer here in your thread.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new