reds

  • Thread starter Thread starter drtodd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

drtodd

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2014
Messages
33
Reaction score
12
Location
Kansas City
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having issues with reds and keeping millis colorful. All my chemistries are spot on. Im using 10 T5s ati 6 blue plus 3 coral plus and one purple plus they have just been replaced. Phos 0.02 and no detectable nitrates by salifert. Rose milli more of a cream color outstanding polyp extension just not great color. Ive tried zeovit b balance and have been using it for about 3 months with no noticable difference. Any thoughts or suggestions?
 
I'm no expert by any means, but I seem to get more pink and red with a 12,000K bulb in the mix. I'm currently running 3 blue+, 1 coral+, 1 purple+, 1 12,000K. I was able to pull this color out of this tenius in 1 month.
4uqa4uhu.jpg
8u8u6emu.jpg
 
I also notice about a 200% increase in growth overall with having just 1 out of 6 being 12k.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new