Redsea is a joke

Notsolostfish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2014
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
801
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sorry but this is crazy, this is the third time my afr line explode with my redsea tubing, this is rediculous, i was cleaning the leak for an hour. Why would the line explode? It was backed up all the way up, and i dont know why. I mix my own afr for 2 years. Either the line clogs up at the top, and this time was clogged inside. All i did was adding redsea alk 30ml this morning to fix mh alk this morning. I added it in the middle chamber and my afr line in the return pump i dont know if there any relation between those two. Im beyond ticked off my system use over 1.5dkh and i lost half of that dkh. Im so tired of afr, so tired of my lines exploding we pay top money for garbage. I tried moving the tip inside the water it clogs, everywhere it CLOGS rediculous

 
Mine always plugged the hose at the end where it exits. For a long time I would just rub the end of the hose between my finger and thumb every few days. Then I read about having the ato hose clean the AFR tube end whenever it topped off so that's what I did. I haven't cleaned it since doing this.

PS I too use powder

PXL_20250929_203508049.jpg
 
Mine always plugged the hose at the end where it exits. For a long time I would just rub the end of the hose between my finger and thumb every few days. Then I read about having the ato hose clean the AFR tube end whenever it topped off so that's what I did. I haven't cleaned it since doing this.

PS I too use powder

PXL_20250929_203508049.jpg
Wow….thats a fabulous idea.
 
At first I had issues with it crystalizing in the lines or blocking the tip. So I started mixing it to half strength and dosing twice as much by volume. Problem solved.
 
Mine always plugged the hose at the end where it exits. For a long time I would just rub the end of the hose between my finger and thumb every few days. Then I read about having the ato hose clean the AFR tube end whenever it topped off so that's what I did. I haven't cleaned it since doing this.

PS I too use powder

PXL_20250929_203508049.jpg
Smart!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new