OP
OP
Supa

Supa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TANK UPDATE Well it’s been a lot of ups and downs, my tank is now over 2 years old. Despite having a tough time/ being overwhelmed with information. I’m still happy I’ve made it this far… My biggest achievement I would say is….. I still have my first fish I ever bought(clownfish) but sadly her bonded male jumped out the tank(I now have a tight fitting lid) I should have had this way before the fish jumped out as the fish jumped out after 1 year. Also I still a few of the first few corals I’ve ever bought(finger leather, Kenya tree, rock flower anemone). I know the finger leather/ Kenya trees are garbage but I’m happy at least those have made it this far. Small feat for many but it’s a great accomplishment/ feeling for me. My tank at one point had several types of algae mostly diatoms/red slime or cyano, this happened up to a year mark or more….pretty disappointing not being able to have a clean tank like many others, despite my efforts…. So hmm I stopped water changes for a long time that seemed to help the algae go away(I do weekly water changes now) but before I picked back up on WC the effects from no WC started to set in…. Green hair algae, all new coral health diminished. I’ve read thousands of hours of forums and watched so many reefers youtube pages and visited many tanks in real life, im still a sub-par reefer! I still enjoy trying to figure this stuff out. I don’t do many tank updates cause I’m slightly embarrassed after buying things documenting it and seeing things go south. Surely other people struggle like me? Maybe I’ll learn to be a better reefer? I feel like i may have plateaued and maybe this is about the best I can keep a tank…. Anyways there’s the minor tank update and misc rambling from me… until next time folks.

Attachments

• IMG_6182.jpeg
    IMG_6182.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 14

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back