Reduck's Cad SAIO 75g build

Reduck

^ His name is Trent
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello all!
There has been little published about this tank anywhere. So before RAP NY, I asked cad to please bring a 100g for me. Of course once we saw it in person we realized it was too big for our living room. So the build quality was very very good and we ordered the 75g to be shipped at a show special price. About 3 weeks later, it came. That was Monday of this week. Packing was incredibly good. The stand was prebuilt. It is piano black. Beautifully finished. Very, very well built. The tank, it's a beast. I think it's about 140-150lbs. I filled it in the garage to wet check. Last thing I'd need is 75g of FSW on our hardwood floors. So it ran overnight just fine. The pumps aren't the best but they will provide good circulation. 500gph rated x 2. So there it sits in the garage. Waiting for me to gather some muscle to move it in. I'm also waiting for the rubber mat to show up since they forgot to pack it with everything else. That could hold up all my plans!

I am transferring all the livestock from my IM40. New reef flakes substrate. new Cad skimmer. Upgraded one of my MPs to a 40wesqd. I'm going to try to get one of my MP10s to stick to this thicker glass as well.

So the plans are set. Hopefully we can do the transfer this weekend. I'd love to set it up and do a full cycle, but we don't have the room for both tanks. The live rock in my 40 is very live and coralline coated. I have also been cooking another load of rock for a while and it's just about ready.
I'll be posting up some pics to this thread as we progress.

OP
OP
Reduck

Reduck

^ His name is Trent
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wondering how much did they charge to build you the 75 gallon.

It's a stock size. At least it was when I bought it! I heard a rumor yesterday that they discontinued this series. I may have got the last one. I paid less than what their website lists @ 1299.

OP
OP
Reduck

Reduck

^ His name is Trent
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some pics of the tank arriving and wet checking.
fa40ffd95d7bb00126d17b3d5c2b73d7.jpg
aef03f3b07b0a5daeb10046cbbd01ec5.jpg
f1035b09352216f17f0c081deede5765.jpg

OP
OP
Reduck

Reduck

^ His name is Trent
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So while waiting for the pad to arrive I spent the day setting up plumbing, skimmer placement, and built the BRS screen top. I am going to stop to pick up some suitable padding so I can get this going. While I love the build quality of this tank, I'm not thrilled with the support from cad on this matter. We probably won't get it in place and filled now till next weekend.

OP
OP
Reduck

Reduck

^ His name is Trent
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got shipping notice on the pad..
Glad I'm not holding my breath here..

OP
OP
Reduck

Reduck

^ His name is Trent
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I will hopefully do the last wc on my 40. Doing a 50%, just to make sure the water has sufficient time to settle in and is clean enough for the upcoming transfer. The rock I've been cooking is now done. I'll do a final wc on that too.

Its amazing how I requested (cad) that the pad be shipped overnight and my request was ignored. Now it appears it will be here Wednesday next week. So we will have waited over two weeks for their response and action. It is really a shame as they build nice stuff.

I'm going to start moving stuff into place Tuesday, and if I get lucky, do the tank transfer Wednesday evening.

Meanwhile I installed some pretty cool led strip lighting in the cabinet. I'm also going to get a peg board to mount the apex system and modules and put it on rails for easy maintenence. I was crawling around in the cabinet doing the lighting and it's quite spacious! I'm betting I can get at least a 10g ato tank in there alongside the DDR, backup batteries, etc.

I'll get some interior pics posted later as I progress.

OP
OP
Reduck

Reduck

^ His name is Trent
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did the hopefully last wc on the 40 yesterday. While mixing, I noticed a nasty smell coming from the other brutes. Wasn't from my fresh mix. It was the 60g I had mixed last week in anticipation of the tank being filled. Had a mild ammonia smell to it. Tested the salinity and it was dead on. Tested the alk and it was dead on. I didn't bother to test further and just dumped it. I'm pretty sure it just went off due to over mixing. Now busy making another 60g of rodi and I won't mix salt till the tank is in place. Hosed out the brutes too. Had some residue sticking to the sides..

OP
OP
Reduck

Reduck

^ His name is Trent
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the pad should arrive tomorrow. At least that's what ups tracking shows. Meanwhile I'm giving the stand some prep. Put drawer liner on the bottom, and hung the disco lights. Got a sheet of melamine pegboard I'm going to fit on the left side to mount the Apex system. I believe I'm going to hang the DOS right on the back wall. I need to drill a hole in the back for AC input as they do not provide any low holes. Go figure. Oh, and I can fit a 7g ato jug in easily!
Here's a pic of the disco lights and liner. image.jpg

Last edited:

s2nhle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, it seems like it ready for the prime time.

OP
OP
Reduck

Reduck

^ His name is Trent
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I expect to hear screams of joy coming from NJ. [emoji3]

Yes, there was joy, just no screams. Pad has arrived. I can finally get to work. I'll mix FSW Friday morning in anticipation of an afternoon move and rewash the coral flakes...then let the fun begin! Hopefully many pics to follow.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back