Reef-A-Palooza Diamond Passes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AquaNerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://aquanerd.com/2018/05/30-day-count-down-reef-a-palooza-new-york-2018.html

Reefapalooza_Diamond Pass.png

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Scott Groseclose how do these work in practice? The diamond pass allows early access (7am) on the show days, but the showroom doesn't open up till 11am. I assume there is no advantage to being in the showroom much prior to 11 because the vendors won't be ready and will be setting up. Is it so you can skip to the front of the line and walk around 30 minutes prior to the flood gates? I assume no business is done until 11am.

The early access on Friday is just to watch the booths get set up correct? No business is gonna happen on Friday, right?

phishtank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Scott Groseclose I’m also interested in the above questions.. also, if the first 50 or so people get the bag of gear/samples — where does that leave the diamond pass holders? Do they miss out on the opportunity to receive the bags? I’m feeling a bit of buyers remorse and can’t seem to get anyone from reefapalooza to respond : /

Thanks

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having went to RAP Orlando the early access was invaluable as I was able to get first dibs on a lot of corals.
Agreed 100%!

1. Live goods exhibitors are set up on Friday. They don't wait until just before the show to add the corals. They come in Friday and set up ASAP to limit time for the corals in the bag.
2. You would be amazed how many corals change hands before the show opens. The diamond pass gives you the same chance as the other exhibitors who truly get the best deals on the best corals before the doors open.
3. I literally watched a an exhibitor at a different show 30 mins before the show opens, buy a mushroom from an exhibitor for $90. Place it right next to the same breed of mushroom he was selling for $500 and then sold them both within minutes of the show opening.

phishtank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I sound super cheap asking this butttttt what about free sample bags etc that the people at the front of the line get? Diamond misses out on those?

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I sound super cheap asking this butttttt what about free sample bags etc that the people at the front of the line get? Diamond misses out on those?
You would have to ask @WWC about that. I would bet you still get a bag but best to confirm.

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed 100%!

1. Live goods exhibitors are set up on Friday. They don't wait until just before the show to add the corals. They come in Friday and set up ASAP to limit time for the corals in the bag.
2. You would be amazed how many corals change hands before the show opens. The diamond pass gives you the same chance as the other exhibitors who truly get the best deals on the best corals before the doors open.
3. I literally watched a an exhibitor at a different show 30 mins before the show opens, buy a mushroom from an exhibitor for $90. Place it right next to the same breed of mushroom he was selling for $500 and then sold them both within minutes of the show opening.

Thanks for much @gcarroll, so it sounds like with the diamond pass you could buy all your corals before the shows opens up to regular ticket members!

TheWaterDen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My question would be about parking, the diamond pass is a no brainer just to not have to sit in line. I only.live a couple hours away, so parking info would.be crucial

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Imagine walking around the show floor buying coral with about 50 other people while 5000 wait outside! That's the value!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 70 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back