reef breeders bot v1 mounting system broken arm

donnellb

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 7, 2021
Messages
12
Reaction score
2
Location
Chesapeake
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has any other owner of the Reef Breeder Photon 48-V2+ using the Bot v1 Mounting System had the issue shown in the pictures below. I have two broken spots on one arm and one on the other arm. I have no clue how long they have been broken. I only noticed it when I was cleaning the rim of the tank. When I got them back in Jan. of this year I was a little iffy on them and didn't think they would hold up. But since they claimed these could handle the weight of the light I would give them a try. Unfortunately mounting to the ceiling is not an option for me. I don't have anything but the Photon 48-V2 mount so no extra weight just the light. It looks like I was right about them not holding up though sadly.

1640585976674.jpeg




1640586059031.jpeg
 
I remember some others with broken support arms in the ReefBreeders FB group.
Join the group and reach out to Logan Vanghele. He's a stand-up guy and can help you out.
 
Thank you I submitted a warranty claim via his site. He will be shipping me a set of the new version the Bot v2 shortly.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 23.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new