Reef Breeders or SB Reef

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ships
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ships

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2018
Messages
87
Reaction score
38
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simple question, which is better?
 
So basically which ever would be cheaper then?
Basically.
I think they have a slightly different color look tonthem. Similar power.
The RB may be slightly more customizable as far as color.
 
SB Reef’s is definitely cheaper. I just bought 2 18” units and a 30”unit. Lights my 210 nicely. Only thing I didn’t like was shipping took longer than I expected. I’m not sure if they were drop shipped from China or not. I like that the leds are evenly spread out so there isn’t a disco ball effect like I see with some of the lights that have the leds concentrated like in kessil type lights. I’ve never seen a Reefbreeders light in use though so I can’t say which is better.
 
I'm not very familiar with the SBReef fixtures. But I've used RB Photons on 2 different tanks and EverGrow fixtures (the manufacturer for the Photon) before that. The build quality and materials used were.are top notch IMHO.

The other point that I find important is that Reef Breeders has a sponsor forum here at R2R and are more than happy to share info, answer questions and deal with customer service right out in front of everybody. And I haven't needed much from Reef Breeders in terms of help, but Logan has always been 1st class with his service.

Just my 2 cents worth.
 
Support, features (channels and stuff), cost and coverage are what I would focus on. I think that you will find them both pretty much equal in performance with slight differences, but not one over another.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new