Reef Brite Actinic Leds

  • Thread starter Thread starter Coronus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Coronus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2013
Messages
1,743
Reaction score
1,058
Location
Bermuda Triangle
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have 2 XHO 60 actinic just installed. Was wondering if I need to acclimate the tank to these? They are hooked up to my ATI Sunpower 6x 80 watt fixture.
 
If you dont have a dimming module for the reefbrites and dont have a Par or Lux meter to use for a reference then I would probably raise the entire fixture 3 or 4” and drop it by 1” each week until you’re back at original height or corals react and tell you to back off. Better to play it safe than cook anything.
 
So I bought dimmer switches for the lights and am acclimating them that way. Started at 50% and working up each week.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new