Philipp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hallo
Ich habe eine kleine Frage

Wer benutzt Reef Chili for Zoas?
Wie gut ist das für die Farbe und für das Wachsen of Zoanthids?

Die besten Wünsche
Philipp

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoanthids Lebensmittel.
Ich spreche kein Deutsch. ich hoffe das hilft

20170223_165918.jpg

20170223_170050.jpg

20170223_170128.jpg

IMG_20170412_083956.jpg

IMG_20170412_084513.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Philipp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I'm sorry!
I'm from Austria and Google translated the sentences...

I wrote:
Hey
I have a short question:)
Who use Reef Chili for Zoanthids?
How good is that for the color and for the growing of them?
Best regards
Philipp

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I google translated what you said hahaha! I don't know German at all. Reefroids are great for zoanthids. In the pic there is 7 radioactive dragons eyes. 3 months later 44. My rastas which are slow growers you can see to the left have 8. As of now 28 polyps. Just do that half dose 2 or 3 times a week at 5pm

IMG_20170412_125358.jpg

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And do you think that's only from Reefroids ?...
The Rastas I had for 7 months. Went from 4 to 8.
Started using Reefroids 8 to 28.
In the first pic the December 2016 I was using a ATI BLUE PLUS & CORAL PLUS
In that pic I just took it is ATI B+, C+, B+, True Actinic.
The True Actinic has played huge part in it, but the WHOLE December month I was using Reefroids and the ATI B+& C+. I didn't have the 4 light combo, because it was a different tank. So from Dec 1 - Jan 1 using Reefroids I still ended up growing 3 polyps. Before that I was averaging .57 a month. 2-3 with Reefroids. 5-6 w/ Reefroids and 4 lights.
Now with the lights. I also found out that the algae called zooxanthellae that feeds your coral. It's peak photosynthesis time is 10am & 5pm during the day. So I run all 4 lights 9:15am-11:15am & 4pm-6pm. Only the 2 Blue+ 9am-7:30pm
Also Chlorophyll A&B are both very important for the health and growth of the coral. The spectrum for those two are 400nM-450nM(nanometers). The ATI True Actinic peaks at the spectrum at 430nM. Almost right smack dab in the middle. Possibly being the best bulb on the market for health and growth. These are not opinions. I have no time for those. Apply this to your tank and I am sure you will get great results of growth. Flow also helps too. My nitrates are always low. 5ppm at the end of the week before a water change the most.

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
95% of that growth happened under Hydra 26s. I just recently added a T5 retrofit and haven't noticed any accelerated growth. I will keep an eye out though!
What is your peak hours of light? I explained the best hours in my post. When I switched it up is when the growth and health was very noticeable giving that extra 2 or 3 more polyps on top of the 2 or 3 I was getting from the Reefroids.
Also when you are feeding them your reef chilli or reefroids. Dont shut your pumps off and target feed. Stick in front of a flow. When you target feed they go into protection mode.

patsheridan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly how large of a spoonful of reef roids do you use in that glass of water, and you just broadcasted throughout the entire tank?

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly how large of a spoonful of reef roids do you use in that glass of water, and you just broadcasted throughout the entire tank?
The spoon has painted on it 1/4tsp. I eye ball half of that. Suck water up with a turkey baster from your tank. Squirt that right in the glass. Suck it all right back up and broadcast it right in the middle where the FLUVAL C4 is returning the flow.

Peter Blue Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was also wondering this when I woke up this morning. Funny thing is that it actually was the first though I had. My zoas are spreading like small pox but I wouldn't mind giving them more fuel.

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks 40B knasty. so roughly 1/8 teaspoon, three times a week?
If they are getting great light through photosynthesis and phytoplankton the two main things they survive and thrive off of for health and growth. Do it at the time the corals want to feed off of those two things and not when you feel like doing it. They will show it. Hit them with a turkey baster every now and then to kick some of the old stuff settled in between. Like sand and detritus. Think about it like this. You ever get something stuck in your teeth and how annoying it is when you can't get it out. They don't like it at first, but for the rest of the day after their first feeding of photosynthesis. My corals are happy and not irritated by the settlements of sand and detritus. Always best to do that in the morning before the lights go on when they are closed up so you can get in between those teeth easier.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 35 35.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 53 54.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 4.1%
Back