Reef Chilli and Red Sea AB+

craigbuss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone use these products jointly? I've never actually used coral specific foods or amino acids. I have always just spot fed mysis. I have a 120gal mixed tank. Im trying to get more into sps, and am interested in dosing these supplements. Would this be something I would dose both of everyday, would I rotate days, or would I not even need both and could just use one?

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a small tank that tends to get a bit carried away with nutrients so I only feed my coral 3x a week with 1/2 the recommended dose of AB+ and noticed a difference. Every weekend when I do a small water change, about an hour before I will mix the AB+ feeding with Reef Roids. I always target feed as well with all flow off for 30 min. Only corals that really seems to love it and eat is my GSP, Frogspawn, and Galaxea. I have some torches, hammers, and zoas and they make the stringy mucus that traps food, but then it just slides off so I have stopped using reef roids cause it nukes my params.

I think the Reef Chili/Roids is more of a literal food (plankton and things) where I think the AB+ is more of 'energy' like aminos and other trace elements. Could be wrong though.

I use just AB+ now and am happy with it (also looks super cool going in glowing green lol)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back