Reef Club Meeting

Helenareefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to host a get together at my place Saturday 8/15 at Noon.

Let me know if you would like to come and if you would like to bring something. I may order a pizza from down the street or grill some burgers. Not really sure which yet. At this point just trying to see who would be interested.

Thanks
Randy

Hi, Randy. I'm sort of new here and not really a part of any "club". I'd like to come meet some other local reefers if this is like a open invitation type of thing.

Craig

OP
OP
hawkinsrgk

hawkinsrgk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Randy. I'm sort of new here and not really a part of any "club". I'd like to come meet some other local reefers if this is like a open invitation type of thing.

Craig

That would be great. Just be sure to read the BARF dress code policy so you don't feel out of place.
Ha Ha Just joking. Would love for you to come.

Thanks
Randy

lysaer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to try to make this, but I have another thing scheduled for Saturday....I just don't know what time it is yet. :)

mrsmoose

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to come but might be best to wait till i have frags to share. I am completely new in salt and only have a 1" xenia and a 1" kenya

Fieryfrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This isn't about the frag swap. This was just set up as a meeting of reefers from the area. Come and talk to others in the area. It was the best thing I did when I first started out. Just about every piece of coral in my tank has come from the local reef community.

OP
OP
hawkinsrgk

hawkinsrgk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to come but might be best to wait till i have frags to share. I am completely new in salt and only have a 1" xenia and a 1" kenya

I actually read your build post today and started to reply asking if you want to come to the get together this weekend. The only reason that I didn't was I didn't know if you would want to make the drive from jasper

With all that being said. Would love if you could make it. Will throw in a birdsnest frag to get you started in sps

OP
OP
hawkinsrgk

hawkinsrgk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This isn't about the frag swap. This was just set up as a meeting of reefers from the area. Come and talk to others in the area. It was the best thing I did when I first started out. Just about every piece of coral in my tank has come from the local reef community.

+1. I went to my first one while I was mixing up saltwater for the first time. It was over at Mike_dani's house. We became good friends and he has helped me out a lot through the years.

mrsmoose

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I admin two alabama aquatic groups on Facebook. Want me to share it there ?

OP
OP
hawkinsrgk

hawkinsrgk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like great fun. I will be there. Can I bring snacks ?

Awesome. Glad you can make it. If you want to bring snacks that would be great. If something happens and your not able to bring anything that's ok too.

The main point is to hang out, have a good time and talk tanks

mrsmoose

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can talk tanks all day. I have 17 total but need to cut back lol.most are fresh water then i have three ponds so maintenance gets rough .My plans are to get down to the 200 the 150 the 75 one 40 the 46 pladarium and maybe two others and of course my ponds

OP
OP
hawkinsrgk

hawkinsrgk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can talk tanks all day. I have 17 total but need to cut back lol.most are fresh water then i have three ponds so maintenance gets rough .My plans are to get down to the 200 the 150 the 75 one 40 the 46 pladarium and maybe two others and of course my ponds

Wow. Sounds like you have your own LFS. I seriously doubt I would be able to maintain that many tanks. Even your cut back plan would be more than I could handle.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back