Reef club meetings thread

GrouperBait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. Lots of old threads on this page, and I’m not a moderator of the group, nor do I know my way around Reef2reef very well, so I thought I just start a new thread/new slate for all the meetings.
Maybe rev can help me out with that at some point.
This will prevent me from copy and pasting information in all the other threads that people may have bookmarked. That said, go ahead and bookmark/notifications for this thread so that you can get alerts for new information!

OP
OP
GrouperBait

GrouperBait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had a meeting/get together on February 1st, 2020 and that meeting was a blast! About 20 people showed up and it was a really fun time meeting everyone! Post below your thoughts on that meeting if you attended!

We are currently undergoing the shutdown for coronavirus but I think it’s time to consider a date for our next meeting. What are everyone’s thoughts??
I am thinking June 27 or July 11 at this point. Also, I will include the message I posted on the Facebook page this morning for anyone not in the Facebook group!

From Facebook:
“Next reef club meeting!

Hey everyone!! Hope y’all are all enjoying your tanks while we are home more!

What are yalls thoughts on quarantine and reef club meeting??
A good option may be to go ahead and set a date, and then cross our fingers that things have settled down a little bit. This will give us something to look forward to, and it will allow us all to pick a date from a clear schedule so that hopefully everyone can make it.
I was thinking June 27 or July 11.

What will the meeting be? Stay tuned. I’m still trying to work all that out, but it depends on the interest we can drum up.
So let me know in the comments if you are ready for a reef club meeting!“

OP
OP
GrouperBait

GrouperBait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok everyone! Update on the reef club get together!
I posted this on the Facebook page. Let me know if you want I come or have any thoughts!

From Facebook group:
Hey everyone!
It’s been a while, and a lot has happened in the world since February 1!
I hope y’all are as ready as I am to meet up again and nerd out on some reef talk.

Will y’all will be ok with July 18? I’m thinking a frag/equipment swap would be fun, and we can just hang out like we did last time.

I am happy to host again if y’all were comfortable at my house, or if anyone else would like to host just let me know.

Ok, who is interested??

OP
OP
GrouperBait

GrouperBait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another update, copied and pasted from Facebook:

Upcoming frag swap!

The next reef club meeting/hangout/get together will be a reef rehoming event at my house (signal mountain) on July 18.
All are welcome, including any vendors. It will be laid back!

It will primarily be in the driveway and garage so that we can distance as much as possible, but the inside is open and welcome for whatever!

If you want to bring a single frag, bring it and we can put it in some community tanks. If you want to bring a lot of frags, it may be easier for you to bring your own water and stuff so that the corals can have their best chance to open. If you don’t want to bring anything and you just want to hangout, then come on!
Let me know if you are unsure of what you want to do! And let me know if you are interested or any constructive ideas.

Lots more to come! Stay tuned!

OP
OP
GrouperBait

GrouperBait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for everyone who came! It was fun hanging out with all of you!

ryan2577p

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
We had a meeting/get together on February 1st, 2020 and that meeting was a blast! About 20 people showed up and it was a really fun time meeting everyone! Post below your thoughts on that meeting if you attended!

We are currently undergoing the shutdown for coronavirus but I think it’s time to consider a date for our next meeting. What are everyone’s thoughts??
I am thinking June 27 or July 11 at this point. Also, I will include the message I posted on the Facebook page this morning for anyone not in the Facebook group!

From Facebook:
“Next reef club meeting!

Hey everyone!! Hope y’all are all enjoying your tanks while we are home more!

What are yalls thoughts on quarantine and reef club meeting??
A good option may be to go ahead and set a date, and then cross our fingers that things have settled down a little bit. This will give us something to look forward to, and it will allow us all to pick a date from a clear schedule so that hopefully everyone can make it.
I was thinking June 27 or July 11.

What will the meeting be? Stay tuned. I’m still trying to work all that out, but it depends on the interest we can drum up.
So let me know in the comments if you are ready for a reef club meeting!“
Any more meetings coming up in the near future?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I don’t have macroalgae.

• Other.

Back