Reef Energy Plus (AB+) All-In-One Coral Superfood Feeding?

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for the first time ever I ventured out to a local saltwater store. I have had my tank with corals since June. I have basically been absorbing all my information from this site on how to be a affective Reef Keeper. So far I have not had any major problems with my tank in the first 6 months minus the whole zoa eating spider thing which we just will never talk about again because those things are the devil. I took the opportunity to pick the owners brain on feeding my corals and other various things. I have been feeding my corals reef chili once every week and Reef energy plus once a week. In between I feed Mysis shrimp, copepods or frozen foods to try giving the tank a whole different variety of stuff. My tank is a Fluval 13.5 gallon tank. I was always concerned about me spiking my numbers in my tank if I fed reef chili once a week or Reef Energy Plus AB+. After talking to the shop owner he tells me that his tank that are of similar size he feeds the coral reef energy every day. He asked me how often I change my water in my tank. I told him I change my water once a week because its a Nano tank and I don't want my number to get out of whack. He said because I do water changes once a week I should be fine using Reef Energy every day and to just keep a eye on my nitrates. Now this is where my question comes in to play. I want to know how many people feed their Corals Reef Energy every day and the pros and cons of it. Also if their is anything specific you have run into using reef energy plus. Thanks for any info.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO, feeding corals every day is completely unnecessary. I'm not even sure feeding them anything 'special' is even useful if you feed a wide variety of foods for your fish and inverts. Lot's of reefers kept beautiful tanks full of coral before anybody started selling 'coral' specific food.

Is coral food useful? Maybe... probably. But how much?
On the other hand, is it necessary? IMHO, no it's not. But I feed a little to my tank once a week on average.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 34 30.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 29 26.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back