OP
OP
aquaticlog

aquaticlog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And here's what my tank is looking right now (2 weeks mark)

DSC06363.jpg

Sley1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How has your experience been with tuning the overflow and keeping it silent on this tank? I am wanting to get the 380.8 or the 330.7 but I hesitate to pull the trigger. I currently have a waterbox 85.3 Frag and the Red Sea 625XXL. My Red Sea is dead silent and never needs adjusting since replacing the stock diaphragm valve with a spears gate valve, however I have never been able to get my WB tank to be silent in spite of all the recommendations I've been given over the last 2 years. How do you feel about your 7' tank as far as it being a quiet system? Does the water movement from your powerbeads case the noise to increase in the overflow? BTW your tank looks great already. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
aquaticlog

aquaticlog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How has your experience been with tuning the overflow and keeping it silent on this tank? I am wanting to get the 380.8 or the 330.7 but I hesitate to pull the trigger. I currently have a waterbox 85.3 Frag and the Red Sea 625XXL. My Red Sea is dead silent and never needs adjusting since replacing the stock diaphragm valve with a spears gate valve, however I have never been able to get my WB tank to be silent in spite of all the recommendations I've been given over the last 2 years. How do you feel about your 7' tank as far as it being a quiet system? Does the water movement from your powerbeads case the noise to increase in the overflow? BTW your tank looks great already. Thanks in advance.
That's a very good question. I would say that both my 4 foot and 7 foot tanks were not easy to dial in and exactly for the reason you speak of - I can set it up so that I do not hear it at all, but when the powerheads start moving water around it would change the flow and I would hear some swooshing. The 7 footer appears to be more dialled in now and other than me having to adjust the flow once in a while (it is a new system, so the slime buildup will take some time) it has been quite quiet. Also, it would depend how large of a room you have your aquarium in.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back