Reef Fusion for calcium only?

  • Thread starter Thread starter reefGods
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reefGods

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 21, 2024
Messages
140
Reaction score
15
Location
Palm Beach
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I use reef fusion one to rise, calcium? then use off reef for alkalinity. just asking new to the hobby.

image.jpg
 
All for reef is both ca and all, all in one
 
my calcium is at 404 my alkalinity is at 9.5 I want to keep my alkalinity at 9.5 but if I do all reef, it will make my alkalinity go high in calcium at the right range that’s why I’m asking if I can use reef fusion one
 
my calcium is at 404 my alkalinity is at 9.5 I want to keep my alkalinity at 9.5 but if I do all reef, it will make my alkalinity go high in calcium at the right range that’s why I’m asking if I can use reef fusion one
Calcium is perfect. No need to be any higher
 
thank you bradreef is it good to keep my calcium at 430 and 460?
 
In answer to to it question you can use a calcium product to just increase calcium

Likewise if just alk is low, you can use baking soda

It’s recommended to get ca and alk where you want before starting all for reef
 
With my old set up I used a Calcium product (can't remember which) and baking soda for ALK. I always managed my Ca and ALK seperately. Gave me better control over my ranges. But what your suggesting a double dose of Ca, ultimately. My next tank will have Ca=465, ALK=11 and Mg=1400.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new