Reef Keeper Lite RKM SLX Module problem?

Ftrain576

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my sump stand light wired to the SLX switch A port. All was working well, for the last 10 months or so, with the light switching on when the doors opened and turning off when the doors closed. This morning when checked on the tank I noticed the lights on with the doors closed. I went into the RKL controller, and was able get things working again, but an hour later, doors closed lights on again. Evidently something is about to fail completely. Anyone else have this problem before? Just trying to narrow things down because I don't have extra modules on hand to switch out. I'm figuring between the SLX module pc4 or maybe the the light's power adapter?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm. All the wiring is ok? What about the switch? I had a switch go bad on my from saltwater contamination

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be any of the wiring between the switch and the switch input. What triggers the light to come on a open or a close?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a multimeter you can use to check it at the connector where it plugs into the module? If so unplug it from the module and check the resistance with the door open and closed. If not try it with the connector unplugged and see if the light stay off or on. If it stays on then use a spare switch cable if you have one and connect the wires together plug that in the port and see if the light stays off.

OP
OP
Ftrain576

Ftrain576

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks n2585722.. Will pull the multi out this weekend and take my time. Will let you know the outcome.

OP
OP
Ftrain576

Ftrain576

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turns out the problem was with the LED strip light's power adapter-RGB controller. Will be easier and cheaper to replace than a SLX or pc4 module. Thanks again for the suggestions.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back