- Joined
- Jun 23, 2024
- Messages
- 1
- Reaction score
- 5
- Location
- Tallahassee
- What state or country do you live in
- Florida
Hey all,
I wanted to take a moment and introduce myself. I'm a fairly new hobbyist in the reefing community, with my first tank starting in 2024. I started into the hobby with a 32g Biocube but had an unfortunate learning event and lost several fish. Long story short, I used that as a catalyst to start a new tank. Below is a breakdown of current equipment and livestock.
Tank and Core Equipment
Display: 60G Aqueon cube (24")
Sump: Fiji-20 Advanced Reef 2nd gen
Overflow: Eshopps PF-1000 HOB (Herbie configuration)
Filtration and Flow
Return Pump: Jebao DCP-6500
Powerheads: Jebao SOW-8 x2
Skimmer: Bubble Magus Curve 5 elite
Lighting
AI Hydra 32HD
Livestock
Yellow Watchman Goby
Tiger Pistol Shrimp
Black Ocellaris Clown
Orange Snowflake clown
Coral:
Toadstool leather
Yuma Mushroom
The Goby/Pistol shrimp pair was moved over from my previous tank alongside the toadstool and Yuma mushroom. I just added the clownfish pair this week.
I'm interested in moving into the SPS/LPS world as my old tank was primarily soft corals (Zoas, leathers and mushrooms). I may sell the leather and mushroom back to my LFS if I'm having too many nutrient issues when I start with SPS. The current tank has been set up since the first of May using established live rock from my old tank. Things are progressing nicely but will probably be a month or so before any other major additions.
Future livestock
Leopard Wrasse
Starry Blenny
Tomini Tang (maybe... Im in discussions with my LFS. I may get him and trade him in every few years if he outgrows things)
Future Equipment
Reefpi system - Im still evaluating if I want to do this over a Hydros based system.
I would like to configure in water level sensors to prevent display overflow as the primary need. Secondary would be dosing pumps and other monitoring equipment.
Anyways, Ill update this thread from time to time as I progress and add more things. Im always open to suggestions or critique so please feel free to pass anything along that you think may help. This goes for livestock, coral and equipment.
Reef Nole

I wanted to take a moment and introduce myself. I'm a fairly new hobbyist in the reefing community, with my first tank starting in 2024. I started into the hobby with a 32g Biocube but had an unfortunate learning event and lost several fish. Long story short, I used that as a catalyst to start a new tank. Below is a breakdown of current equipment and livestock.
Tank and Core Equipment
Display: 60G Aqueon cube (24")
Sump: Fiji-20 Advanced Reef 2nd gen
Overflow: Eshopps PF-1000 HOB (Herbie configuration)
Filtration and Flow
Return Pump: Jebao DCP-6500
Powerheads: Jebao SOW-8 x2
Skimmer: Bubble Magus Curve 5 elite
Lighting
AI Hydra 32HD
Livestock
Yellow Watchman Goby
Tiger Pistol Shrimp
Black Ocellaris Clown
Orange Snowflake clown
Coral:
Toadstool leather
Yuma Mushroom
The Goby/Pistol shrimp pair was moved over from my previous tank alongside the toadstool and Yuma mushroom. I just added the clownfish pair this week.
I'm interested in moving into the SPS/LPS world as my old tank was primarily soft corals (Zoas, leathers and mushrooms). I may sell the leather and mushroom back to my LFS if I'm having too many nutrient issues when I start with SPS. The current tank has been set up since the first of May using established live rock from my old tank. Things are progressing nicely but will probably be a month or so before any other major additions.
Future livestock
Leopard Wrasse
Starry Blenny
Tomini Tang (maybe... Im in discussions with my LFS. I may get him and trade him in every few years if he outgrows things)
Future Equipment
Reefpi system - Im still evaluating if I want to do this over a Hydros based system.
I would like to configure in water level sensors to prevent display overflow as the primary need. Secondary would be dosing pumps and other monitoring equipment.
Anyways, Ill update this thread from time to time as I progress and add more things. Im always open to suggestions or critique so please feel free to pass anything along that you think may help. This goes for livestock, coral and equipment.
Reef Nole

