Reef Octo 150SSS with neck cleaner

dcsnet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone modified the Reef Octo 150SSS protein skimmer to add a float switch to turn skimmer off if cup is full while still keeping the neck cleaner on top of the cup?
The neck cleaner motor sits on top of the actual cup in its own casing so I cannot use the one that comes standard with the normal collection cup.
Thanks
Don

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anyone modified the Reef Octo 150SSS protein skimmer to add a float switch to turn skimmer off if cup is full while still keeping the neck cleaner on top of the cup?
The neck cleaner motor sits on top of the actual cup in its own casing so I cannot use the one that comes standard with the normal collection cup.
Thanks
Don

Don - You have a nice skimmer! Let's see if we can get some help with your question.

@Michael@CoralVue - any thoughts on this? Do any of your resources have an input on this challenge?

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe run the collection cup tube to another container and put the float switch there. I used brs rox container, if room.

OP
OP
D

dcsnet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies. I actually ended up getting the Davey Jones Skimmate Locker from Avast that has a switch built in. Works perfect!!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 109 58.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 55 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 67 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 32 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 57 30.3%
Back