Reef OCTO Elite INT 200 Skimmer Issues

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bob CImon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bob CImon

TN ReefChasers
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2018
Messages
33
Reaction score
13
Location
Ooltewah TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a Reef Octo INT 200 Elite skimmer and have been through two controllers and the skimmer still only runs for a few minutes the shuts off and then resets to to red light. it has never worked right since we got it best it will do is run for 10 minutes then shut down. I took the float switch off still no luck. Pumps rums free and is clean
 
I have the same skimmer running solid for over 11 months. Did you buy new?

The pump has thermal protection so it may be running hot or a bad sensor. Is it sitting in enough water? Do you have a blocked air silencer or venturi making the pump run harder?

I'd get a hold of tech support if you can't figure it out?
 
I purchased a Reef Octo INT 200 Elite skimmer and have been through two controllers and the skimmer still only runs for a few minutes the shuts off and then resets to to red light. it has never worked right since we got it best it will do is run for 10 minutes then shut down. I took the float switch off still no luck. Pumps rums free and is clean
 
OK Got so aggravated with it and their tech support so I just purchased a Deltec 1500 series skimmer... I have a skimmer for sale cheap..
 
I have the same skimmer running solid for over 11 months. Did you buy new?

The pump has thermal protection so it may be running hot or a bad sensor. Is it sitting in enough water? Do you have a blocked air silencer or venturi making the pump run harder?

I'd get a hold of tech support if you can't figure it out?
So been on with tech support and tried everything. Pump is in plenty of water and I tried a new controller and even moved outlets locations on the Apex power bus. I bet you are right on the pump. Even at full power it doesn't seem to pump well. I took it apart and it was clean as a whistle and moved free. Its up on a platform in the sump but still has plenty of water. Pump doesnt have much of a power difference between full mode and min on the controller.
 
So been on with tech support and tried everything. Pump is in plenty of water and I tried a new controller and even moved outlets locations on the Apex power bus. I bet you are right on the pump. Even at full power it doesn't seem to pump well. I took it apart and it was clean as a whistle and moved free. Its up on a platform in the sump but still has plenty of water. Pump doesnt have much of a power difference between full mode and min on the controller.
Really does sound like a bad pump. Mine pumps a ton of water. Hope you can get your money back or a replacement pump.
 
I have 3 different verios pumps, I found to be that the power supply goes bad on those, the light will come on but not enough amperage to run the pump like it should. Try a different power supply.
 
Should be a 36 volt power supply or 24 volt depending on what pump is on it.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new