Reef octo regal 250 ext cup cleaning

Tangdora

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

I want to start off by saying I feel like a real idiot by asking some thing that seems so simple but for anyone that has a Reef octopus regal 250 ext model can you tell me if you physically have to drain the body every single time do you want to simply clean out the skimmer cup. I know it has a drain valve on it but I was originally thinking that this was just for use when you wanted to clean out the lower body of the skimmer. Today is the first day I had to clean my after getting my new set up going. Was thinking originally that the body had a check valve built into it that allowed the air stack pipe connected to the cup to be pulled off along with the cup without having water drain out. Needlessly to say I guess It’s open when I pulled it off lol. Please let me know. Thanks right now. The only solution I see is putting a quick connect right below the cup now so that I can just remove that and leave the air stack pipe in place.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If I understand your question correctly, you should be able to disconnect the white hose from the skimmer cup.

You may find the following video helpful (specifically at the 17:00 mark):

OP
OP
T

Tangdora

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes this is what I’m looking for. New equipment paranoia I guess lol. Was aftaid to tug on the hose too hard for fear of ripping the hose. But apparently the bite from the connector is not to strong if you if you twist and pull at same time. Thanks

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 123 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%

Back