Reef octo varioS 1-10v control

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tram

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just setting up a redsea Reefer 250 with a reef octo varioS4 as sump return pump. This is a dc pump with a 1-10v interface. What would I need to connect it to my GHL P4 and if I use this interface can I turn the pump off/on with it and thus have the mains supply plugged somewhere else other than the 5.1 powerbar. This will free up a valuable socket for another device.

Thanks
Tony

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a look at the Stickied Usage Examples thread in this sub forum. Specially the “0-10v return pump control” section :)

BeachBum2012

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at the same thing. As far as I can tell, the suggestion is an Icecap cable with the end cut off, into a LBF-AP break out box from GHL.

Seems like there should be a better way though. I may try to make cables at work to give a try at some point.

OP
OP
T

tram

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, didn’t see the sticky on the subject. I can’t find the LBF-AP stocked in any of the UK retailers here. Cable wise I’d probably have to modify the apex cable too unless told there is another route.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The simplest solution would be the LBF-AP "Breakout box" to expose the individual channels to a screw terminal, then take an existing control cable for your pump, and wire it up. :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back