reef octopus 110 SSS Space saver help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jej34
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jej34

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 29, 2015
Messages
298
Reaction score
101
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just installed my new 110SSS, I,m new to skimmers and coralvue's instructional material leaves a lot to be desired. I have no idea on how much to adjust the pipe. Playing with it, it has the adjustability to fill the collection cup very quickly.I backed it off so the bubbles are 2" below the cup but I'm sure that's not correct. Do I adjust it so it just trickles bubbles into the cup or leave it backed off for break in or full flow so it overflows the cup for break in?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
1452341252554931602401.jpg
 
I would keep it so it is just bubbling close to the top. I had that skimmer and the most important thing I noticed was making sure the sump water level was at the height they recommend. It will take some time for it to break in so don't make a bunch of adjustments for a few hours.
 
Sorry I want to clarify what I said. I would make it bubble a few inches 2-3 below the top of the collection cup not 2-3 inches below the bottom of the actual collection cup.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new