Reef Octopus 150INT tuning

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tango2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tango2

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 29, 2015
Messages
175
Reaction score
49
Location
NoVA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my skimmer running for almost a year now without cleaning it, mainly due to how difficult it is to get in and out of my sump. I've noticed my production levels being reducing over time, so I think I'm going to go through the trouble of tearing it apart so I can do a good vinegar bath.

While I'm doing this, I'm also curious about the sump water depth in which the skimmer is sitting in. I'm currently sitting at about 7.5" from the base of the skimmer to the water level in the sump. My outlet is about half submerged and my skimmer can't go any higher in my sump currently. Would going lower (increasing the amount the skimmer is submerged) be advised with this skimmer model, or would the water level being lower produce better results? I've heard different stories on the right water levels for this skimmer.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new