Reef Octopus Bio Churn VS. Reef Dynamics Bio-Ball Rector

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chrisz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Chrisz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2009
Messages
373
Reaction score
104
Location
Duluth, MN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Octopus Bio Churn VS. Reef Dynamics Bio-Ball Rector.

I want to try the bio ball thing but I am not sure which reactor to buy, I think I have it down to 2 choices:


I like the Reef Dynamics model because I can control what is going into the tank and I can point the exiting water right in to my skimmer. This reactor is for a 135 gallon tank and is external out of sump design, it costs about $250.00. I don't really like all the connections, I am scared of leaks and it looks hard to clean.

I like the Reef Octopus Bio Churn 120 because it goes in the sump I don't need to worry about leaks and it looks really easy to maintenance and fill. I am unsure of this one because of it is weird design that it just flows out over the top like a water fall, I am not sure how much noise this is going to make. Also I can not direct the out put directly in to my skimmer. I also don't see any information on how deep you can run this reactor. This one rings in at $210.00 it is made for a 200 gallon tank.

Has anyone tried any of these reactors?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new