Reef Octopus Classic 110

  • Thread starter Thread starter jdpeters
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jdpeters

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2015
Messages
926
Reaction score
476
Location
eatonville washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have already posted on my problems with getting this skimmer running. I had it set up in my sump with the proper water level, fully open for over a week and still produced way too much foam. It was constantly overflowing, even if i tried raising the water level slightly or messing with the dial. The air intake is not blocked. I finally pulled it out yesterday and ran it with highly concentrated vinegar water, and followed that up with a hot rinse with tap water.
Put it back in the tank, and im still getting the same results. Has anyone had this much problems before with a skimmer? I also made the mistake of buying a AI hydra, not the hd and purchased a director. The director didnt work, they sent me another one and still had the same problem. Feeling defeated lol.
 
I use this skimmer and have never had that problem. Actually, I have....but only when there has been something in my water like chemi clean.
 
I have already posted on my problems with getting this skimmer running. I had it set up in my sump with the proper water level, fully open for over a week and still produced way too much foam. It was constantly overflowing, even if i tried raising the water level slightly or messing with the dial. The air intake is not blocked. I finally pulled it out yesterday and ran it with highly concentrated vinegar water, and followed that up with a hot rinse with tap water.
Put it back in the tank, and im still getting the same results. Has anyone had this much problems before with a skimmer? I also made the mistake of buying a AI hydra, not the hd and purchased a director. The director didnt work, they sent me another one and still had the same problem. Feeling defeated lol.
How long has it ben running for?
 
I had the same problem recently with my 150 SSS and there were no additives added to the tank. I set it to a level where the lid wasn't blown off and let it run for almost 2 weeks. It has calmed down now and appears to be working well. Just give it a little more time.
 
ok, ty steve thats a little reassuring for me. i currently have it turned off, im going to let the tank go for a bit longer and give it another try.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new