Reef Octopus CLASSIC 150SSS assembly question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Qasimja
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 23, 2019
Messages
1,598
Reaction score
1,123
Location
Atlanta
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i put together this skimmer and i have it in the sump im curious thou does this the air hose plug into the tube on the silencer? the directions aren't very good but i believe it says it does not go on there but on youtube i see people attach as i have pictures below


https://imgur.com/a/YNFlWOK

20190623_152301.jpg


20190623_152253.jpg


20190623_152306.jpg
 
Leave the soft tube loose in the red pipe, do not hook it up to the cap. You can but it will be very loud. Having the cap on the red pipe and the tube loose inside workd as a silencer for the air intake. I have the exact same skimmer on my 75g and its a beast.

20180707_185256_resized.jpg
 
Leave the soft tube loose in the red pipe, do not hook it up to the cap. You can but it will be very loud. Having the cap on the red pipe and the tube loose inside workd as a silencer for the air intake. I have the exact same skimmer on my 75g and its a beast.

20180707_185256_resized.jpg
thanks for replying i have it on a 150g with a 30g sump if i find its too small for my tank i guess i can upgrade it down the road just putting my build together this weekend almost ready to fill the tank
 
I know this is old but this thread saved my life, had the hose connected to the silencer and I swear I was losing my dang mind.
 
I know this is old but this thread saved my life, had the hose connected to the silencer and I swear I was losing my dang mind.
I second YNRA’s comments. There is a assembly video on YouTube that shows the tube connected to the silencer cap. Ignore that video.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new