Reef Octopus Classic 90 HOB Skimmer

Coral Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just bought an used Reef Octopus Classic 90 HOB Skimmer. I have problem with overflowing and micro bubble right now. I need some advices on how to fix this overflow problem. Thanks

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

EFlop

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your output pipe set to open? This will run the skimmer in it’s dryest setting. Besides that you can connect a tube from the collection cup to go back into your aquarium until it breaks in.

OP
OP
C

Coral Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks. I already fixed the problem by connecting a tube from the collection cup to drain the bubbling water out. Then, I replace new water back in the tank. I think that I used to much glue on the rocks, so the skimmer made too much bubbles from the glue chemical.

EFlop

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah epoxy putty will do that lol. Usually when I do that I put saltwater in my ATO reservoir instead of RO for a couple days until the skimmer corrects itself.

Rjmul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want to burst your bubble because I've been where you are. I had the BH1000, it used to pull the darkest skim mate. I loved the thing. Until it overflowed for no reason at 2am and almost burned my house down. The result was me tearing my entire tank down and upgrading to a sumped tank. (Thousands of dollars)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back