Reef octopus-excessive foam after 10 months

  • Thread starter Thread starter kendavjac
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kendavjac

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 29, 2011
Messages
273
Reaction score
165
Location
Panama City, Fl
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this skimmer running for 10 months with no issues. Last night it started foaming excessively. Tried to open the valve on the outlet pipe, but it was wide open. Pulled the collection cup and went to bed hoping what ever was causing it would work itself out. Woke up this morning, still foaming. Cleaned the skimmer. No dice. Shorted the output stand pipe so it could pass more water, no go. Inspected valve and pipe on output side, no clogs. It will stop foaming if I take the output stand pipe all the way off.

I have not dosed anything in 3 days (magnesium), water parameters are normal, fish and coral are happy. About to do a water change,

Any other suggestions?
 
Sounds like something got into your water. I would do a water change to possibly dilute whatever may be in the water
 
Is the venturi clean and free?
Can you blow air easily into the air line?
Check for buildup :-)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new