Reef Octopus HOB classic 100

  • Thread starter Thread starter VinFox716
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

VinFox716

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2015
Messages
17
Reaction score
3
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my first protein skimmer (listed above) and had a few questions. First when setting it up I was told something about plugging the air hose but I do not know why or what I waiting/looking for, 2nd I was wondering if there was a way to have it setup so the pump is not in water, as it is ugly and takes up space. If that isnt possible ive read of ppl putting heaters in one of the chambers, is that an option with this skimmer? Lastly what is a good setting or guidline for the height of the collection cup, being my first one I'm not sure really how they work or how to decide where it should be.
 
You tube video my help
 
I couldnt find anything for that model for install, just reviews and things for in sump or other different setups
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new