Reef Octopus NW 150 skimmer going nuts

  • Thread starter Thread starter Salty Dog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 20, 2009
Messages
1,226
Reaction score
9
Location
Caribean Sea
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
today I checked my sump for my 60g frag tank and there was foam all over in the sump, thats when I noticed the collection cup full with wet foam , the over flo tube popped off(good thing) and dumped it back into the sump, I tryed to everything, I opened the clean water dump off all the way and the same thing. Its water level is too high and I cant adjust it with the water exit valve. I took the skimmer out and cleaned it all nice but the same thing. Of course becuase Im leaving tommorow in the morning for 5 days :squigglemouth:
 
did youjust glue some frags ? put in a new sock ? paint ? do something ? That would cause this issue.
 
No I didnt do any thing, I did a water change becuase this is my acan tank and Im gettting that brown jelly crap again
 
My AMS g4 plus does this occassionally after a water change as well...never quite figured out why just adjusted it and kept on skimming...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new