Reef octopus skimmer air intake issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter anarchy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

anarchy

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 7, 2014
Messages
573
Reaction score
210
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a reef octopus nwb 150 skimmer with an OTP-2000 pump. Any time i turn my skimmer off and turn it back on the air intake wont automatically start pulling air. I have to blow into it to start the suction. Any idea what the problem could be? Ive replaced the impeller and soaked and cleaned everything in vinegar and nothing has worked
 
Upgrade to the new pumps, they auto start. The old style won't 90% of the time. I have the same skimmer for 9years now. Pumps finally died. When I replaced them the new impeller design helps them auto start. Not just sit and chatter.
 
9431e4d095a0f15dbb67fc3fb69532a0.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new