Reef octopus skimmer and biopellet setup?

  • Thread starter Thread starter authentic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

authentic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2012
Messages
1,483
Reaction score
882
Location
coral springs florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am looking to set up a BIO PELLET reactor and connecting the output into my reef octopus skimmer. I was wondering if anybody has done this successfully? I was going to purchase an extra venturi and figure out a way to connect three-quarter inch tubing. Any help appreciated
 
I've heard of folks picking up a PVC tee that slipped over the volute of the skimmer and attaching the biopellet reactor outflow to the tee with tubing. Doesn't need to be tightly secured.


I have an SWC skimmer and simply have the outflow of the biopeller reactor close to the volute of the skimmer. The outflow of the reactor is that clear tube in the upper part of the picture.


 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new