Reef Pi advantage over KASA power strip?

yourmom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the advantages & disadvantages of using Reef Pi over a smart power strip/surge protector? We have an unassembled Reef Pi set up and I have been using a KASA smart power strip for my AIO tank pump, wave maker, ATO and the pump I use for water changes to replenish clean water. My lights are AI prime 16HD (already on a program) and the tank is a Nuvo 40 AIO. I don’t dose, so is there anything the Pi could do that a smart power strip doesn’t do? Considering the time we would be investing and the clunkiness of a Pi set-up, what am I missing on the list of advantages? ***disclaimer*** I am newish to the hobby and not a techy person. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly until you get into dosing and testing, imo theres no point in leaving the kasa strips and outlets. i love my kasas on my other tanks

OP
OP
yourmom

yourmom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s kind of what I was thinking. I don’t dose but at some point I’m guessing that will be necessary. I don’t test as often as I should, so automating that process would be very helpful. All in time, I guess...

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back