Reef Pi advantage over KASA power strip?

  • Thread starter Thread starter yourmom
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

yourmom

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 2, 2020
Messages
233
Reaction score
193
Location
Katy, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the advantages & disadvantages of using Reef Pi over a smart power strip/surge protector? We have an unassembled Reef Pi set up and I have been using a KASA smart power strip for my AIO tank pump, wave maker, ATO and the pump I use for water changes to replenish clean water. My lights are AI prime 16HD (already on a program) and the tank is a Nuvo 40 AIO. I don’t dose, so is there anything the Pi could do that a smart power strip doesn’t do? Considering the time we would be investing and the clunkiness of a Pi set-up, what am I missing on the list of advantages? ***disclaimer*** I am newish to the hobby and not a techy person. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Honestly until you get into dosing and testing, imo theres no point in leaving the kasa strips and outlets. i love my kasas on my other tanks
 
That’s kind of what I was thinking. I don’t dose but at some point I’m guessing that will be necessary. I don’t test as often as I should, so automating that process would be very helpful. All in time, I guess...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new